Tuesday 11 April 2017

Altered Box 

Everything old is new again


Hello Friends..
Time for a new post.. new art.. and today it's one more altered box. And this one goes for an entry in Berry71Bleu April moodboard which is all about "Everything old is new again". Here is the moodboard:


I instantly got inspired by this moodboard as I am always fascinated by old and rusty things.
For my box, I drew inspiration from the first picture. Loved the shade of teal/turquoise and decided to go on with the same tone. 





So coming on to the details.. I coated my box with gesso and added some texture with stencil and modelling paste. Believe me, adding the texture is the best part of any mixed media project. 
I moved on with adding flowers, embellishments and some more texture with finnabair art stones. To make everything come together, I applied gesso to all of the flowers and embellishments. Once everything dried well, I colored the box with distress spray stains. Baby wipes helped me a lot untill I got the desired shading. I added some finnabair micro beads as a final touch. 
Making altered art is so much fun. I enjoyed every bit of it. I hope it has inspired you too.
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Have a wonderful day!!




9 comments:

  1. wow this is amazing, thank you for entering our challenge here at Berry71Bleu x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love this juste gorgeous : thanks for joining us at Berry71Bleu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is fantastic! Love the texture, design and well love everything about it :) Thanks for joining our April challenge at Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Paivi ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely beautiful! So fabulous! Love the colouring and textures! ;-) Thanks ever so much for playing along with us at Berry71Bleu this month! ;-)

    ReplyDelete